Friday, February 19, 2016

Fantasizing...

I just had two Jehovah's Witnesses come to my door. What a fucking waste of time! They spend their entire lives believing a lie. Oh well. I wasted about 38 years of my life. When I was a Christian, I thought it was the right and only way to go in life. But now I'm convinced that all religions can be equated with fantasies... wild, life changing fantasies. I would love it if I could convince only one religious person that fact.

Winter is flying by so fast. It seems like yesterday that winter started. Oh well, I hate cold weather, so it's a good thing. Well, I don't necessarily hate cold weather, just cold windy weather. And the wind is almost always blowing in the winter.

This past Christmas my children gave me a Chromebook, a notebook computer that uses the Chrome OS (operating system). It has served me well up until today. I use two different Google accounts with it. Today I changed the password to one of those accounts, and that started a maelstrom of problems. All of a sudden I couldn't log into either one of those accounts. After about a half-hour I finally got everything under control. Google was telling that the "Sing-in" failed (notice the incorrect spelling). I really have a hard time believing that Google, a tech giant, would misspell that word. Oh well...

I keep forgetting to mention that my main Google account was hacked last Friday (Feb. 12, 2016). I have 2 Google accounts, and thank goodness they both weren't hacked. I was still able to get on the internet using my other account. Actually, Google blocked access to the hackers because it originated in Texas somewhere, and I'm in Missouri. So, I immediately changed my password, then I went to setup 2-step verification to make my main account more secure. I screwed up and used my main account's Google Voice number, so I couldn't check my phone for the confirmation code because, well... you see my dilemma? So, I was locked out of my main Google account. I went through the locked-out procedures to get back in, and they told me that it would be anywhere from 3 to 5 business days before I will regain access. It was somewhat a nightmare. However, two days later, I called Google and talked to a nice female voice. After getting very confused, I told her that I have to get off the phone to go to the bathroom. A few minutes later, I received an email in my 2nd account stating that I can get back into my main account. Anyway, I now have a more secure password than I've ever had, plus I set up 2-step verification in both accounts.

Ig <><

No comments:

Post a Comment