Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Born again... sort of...

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post that I am now pretty much an atheist. And I know for sure that Christianity is a man-made religion, just like Hinduism, Buddhism, and Islam. I was a faithful and dedicated Christian for about 38 years, yet I had many, many problems during that time - health problems, financial problems, drinking problem, two divorces, etc. So, I started doubting the existence of God and the closer I became to being a full-fledged atheist, the more at peace I became. It simply makes so much more sense. I can now say that it's not God allowing (or causing) this and that problem, but instead just happenstance. I feel like I wasted almost my entire life with religion. I'm just glad that I can finish out my years without that bondage.

Ig :-)